10/27/2012

Ice Dying and Finished Quilts

10-27-2012

Today I went to the Ice Dyeing class at Inspirations of Art.  It was so exciting to see Julia's samples of what she has done in her dyeing career. The thing I did not know about this class was that it would be a day or two before we actually see the fruits of our color choices.  My containers of fabrics are sitting in a secure place in the house, slowly warming up as the ice melts and the chemical reaction takes place. When I have finished the final step, I will post photos.

Here are the photos of my finished quilts from Thursday's quilting session.  The Halloween table topper is so colorful and cheery on the dining room table.  The squares and rectangles quilt just pops with color now that it is quilted and washed.

Halloween Table Topper
Squares and Rectangles Throw

Woven Rails Kids' Quilt
 The Leaves Wall Hanging is a design I created based on the class I took from Susan Purney-Mark at the AQS Show in Grand Rapids this past August.  The class was based on the book Give and Take Fabric Applique.


Just for show.  Isn't this fabric so cute.  It is a knit fabric my daughter found at a large fabric store she went to in Taiwan. I look forward to visiting this store when I visit Taiwan at the end of this year.


 I have some more quilts to finish binding and I will post those.  I am working on a table runner from a snowflake fabric collection.  It will be kitted and for sale at The New Ewe during the Idea Week scheduled for the 2nd week of December.  Every day there will be something different happening.



No comments: