7/20/2013

Georgia Bonesteel Trunkshow

In June I went on a Quilters' Bus Trip to The Outerbanks, North Carolina. We did many things over the seven days, including attending the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Raleigh, N.C. on June 20. But I was so glad we were able to have Georgia Bonesteel meet with our group for a private trunkshow.

I had seen Georgia on TV shows many years ago with her Lap Quilting Techniques. I have to say it was not something I was interested in attempting. She had so many quilts to show us that she has made over the years; I am sorry I was not a bit more inquisitive about her over the years. She is a lovely lady. She has a new product for quilting pieces called Grid Grip.  It is  an iron on grid paper that is drawn on, cut out, ironed on fabric with the fabric grain and one cuts with a 1/4" seam allowance .

I some photos to share: 

The Folk Art Center is located in Asheville, N.C. on the Blue Ridge Parkway.



Entering the Folk Art Center

Georgia Bonesteel describing one of her many quilts.

Our tour director, Kimberly, presented Georgia with a basket of
items made in Michigan. 


1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

I've had that experience, too, when the guest speaker was someone I was just not as fascinated with. I have heard of Georgia Bonesteel--I know she's pretty famous in the quilt world, but have to admit I had to go and look her up. She does feel like she is from a different time in quilting.

I hope you had a lovely road trip with all your friends!

Elizabeth