11/28/2015

Leftovers

Thanksgiving has past. We had a wonderful day with my sister's family. There were leftovers, of course. Everyone liked the white meat, so I took the dark meat home with the intention of making soup. Instead, my daughter wanted something a bit more flavorful. 


I found a recipe from Martha Stewart's website HERE. It was good. And there were leftovers of that casserole, also!

I took my leftover green fabrics today and used my new Accuquilt Go! to cut the smaller scraps. It arrived today. I ordered it on Tuesday on their Black Friday Sale. I have avoided getting this, but decided that I was tired of using the rotary cutter for triangles, especially.  The pieces you see below were cut in about half an hour. The pressing of the scraps was the most time-consuming for me. I am looking forward to getting the apple core die for accuracy and ease of cutting. I look forward to making some quilts with these scrappy pieces.


And the final project I finished was the pillow my daughter wanted for her living room, a Michigan pillow. 

The yellowish fabric is a tiny dot that she picked. The state silhouette is black felt with fusible adhesive on the back to secure it. I also stitched around the silhouette to hold the edges. The 2 back pieces open with overlaps of about 6". She loved it! 

Don't forget to visit Marian's Seams To Be Sew website for her free Christmas tree patterns and Janeen's Quilt Art Designs blog for her sweet, free penguin patterns each day this week. There is also a giveaway to enter each day.

I found DJ Inkers' website while visiting Marian's site. I used their clip art years ago while teaching. Check their blog each day for their Freebies. 


What leftovers do you have...on your dining table or your sewing table?

Disclaimer: I do not get anything for mentioning any of the products or sites I mention in my blog.


1 comment:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

We had turkey soup simming all day...its was the perfect wrap up to the holiday over eating! Oh my DJ inkers....yes...very popluar clipart years ago...I must go check out their site. :)