"It's not safe to venture out
as goblins and witches are all about
on Hallowe'en." (unknown)
Although Halloween is still 13 days away,
I invite you to
"Enter If You Dare"
and see what treat I have in store
for your quilting pleasure today.
Marian from Seams To Be Sew had invited quilters to join her in a blog hop where we would share
with you information about Halloween quilty item(s) we made. There are 19 bloggers participating in this blog hop.
Halloween is one of Marian's favorite holidays
so she is providing a free pattern each day on her blog.
The patterns she provides are free for only 24 hours!
Plus two wonderful sponsors have offered giveaways.
Timeless Treasures has 5 lovely bundles of Fat Quarters (one for each day)
The Fat Quarter Shop has an amazing $75.00 gift certificate to give away during this event.
I also have a giveaway I am providing to one entrant
It is PDFs patterns for 3 of my own patterns.
All the giveaway details are found at the end of my post.
MY HALLOWEEN SHARE
is a scrappy table runner.
The backing is some fabric from my stash.
I had just enough for the back.
AND THE FRONT
I wanted the Jack-O-Lantern faces to appear as if they are floating
on the table runner in a ghostly manner.
HOW I DID IT:
This project came about after I cut all my orange scraps
into various quilt pieces using my Accuquilt dies.
I sewed the leftover pieces together this way and that way,
forming 4 (somewhat) square blocks of "new" fabric.
I trimmed these "new" fabric blocks to 12" squares and sewed them together.
The table runner is 12" x 48".
I fused Steam-A-Seam Lite to the back of black fabric
and cut out shapes for Jack-O-Lantern eyes, noses, and mouths.
They were fused to the scrappy orange background.
I layered the backing, batting and top and quilted a pumpkin shape
around each of the Jack-O-Lantern faces, adding a stem as I came to the tops.
I stippled the space around all the Jack-O-Lanterns.
I added some ridges, like pumpkins have, to the inside of the Jack-O-Lantern outlines.
The binding is black fabric.
I like using all the scraps of fabric I accumulate from quilting.
This project has given me ideas for using
those tiny leftovers from Accuquilt die cutting for
green table runners with flowers flowing along it,
blue with stars, or sea shells and starfish,
red with black polka dots,
and I am sure more will come to mind!
Now for the giveaways!
There are Giveaway Rules to read at the bottom of this post for all who enter.
Timeless Treasures October 19 a Rafflecopter giveaway
I have a giveaway of my own.
PDFs of 3 of my own pattern designs.
(Please remember to leave an email so I can
contact you if you are chosen to win the giveaway!)
Click the Rafflecopter below,
Please leave a comment, telling me what color scraps you would sew together and what you would fuse onto that "new" fabric. Then click the button that says "I commented."
I will announce the Rafflecopter winner at the end of the
ENTER IF YOU DARE blog hop.
Please visit the others participating in this blog hop.
Blog Giveaway Guidelines
- Please take the time to read it.
- Giveaways offered by sponsors are assigned to the various bloggers for their featured day.
- You'll have to visit the blog or the featured blog to enter the giveaways.
- All winners will be announced on October 25, 2017.
- You must give a valid email address when you enter the giveaways, any email returned to me, loses the ability to win automatically.
- Winners are expected to pay shipping costs for the product they won.
- You are given 3 days to answer the email, if you do not answer within 3 days a new winner will be drawn. Check those spam/junk mail folders, you may miss that winning email if you don't do so because there are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are notified that you are a winner, in most cases, you will need to provide your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, telephone number, and email address.
- In some cases, you will be asked to comment on the blog to enter the giveaway... do the right thing and thank them for the time it took to create the pattern, thank them for the pattern and...
- Thank the sponsor by buying their products for the giveaways. This helps them continue to offer great prizes for these types of events. You can also comment on their social media pages. Even if you don't win, letting them know you love their products is a huge incentive and they really do love hearing from you.
- No purchase whatsoever is necessary.
- You must be 18+ in order to win a gift.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win. Prizes valued at $500.00 should be claimed.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on a total number of rafflecopter entries during each week and in total for all giveaways.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Participating bloggers may enter any of the giveaways.
- The word giveaways in the rules and guidelines are also known as sweepstakes.
- Whether or not you read the above, the rules for giveaways are in place to protect everyone. I do not want to hear you didn't read them, they will be posted on my blog daily during each featured day. There is no excuse for not reading them.