2/19/2018

Craft South Quilt Shop Visit

I visited Anna Maria Horner's quilt shop, Craft South, recently while visiting my sister in Nashville. 

The shop is located in the 12 South neighborhood with stylish shops, eateries, and more. 
That Saturday morning we found a parking place a few blocks away. 
We walked in and behind the cutting counter, I saw these beautiful bolts of fabrics! 
Those on the table are Anna Maria's new designs. 
The classsroom is large and bright. 
Classes are offered for clothing construction, knitting, crocheting, weaving, quilting, and for kids!
Here is a view from one end of the shop to the other. 
I am standing in the yarn end and the other end holds the classroom, with fabrics in the middle. 
Wish I did more with yarn, it is lovely.
There were many craft ideas. 

I was happy to have visited Craft South. Just a few weeks after that 
Coats & Clark, the sister company, shut down production of 
Free Spirit and Westminster brands of fabrics.
Anna Maria Horner is one of the designers for Free Spirit Fabrics. 
I am sure that the designers affected will be working with other fabric companies very soon. 


I will treasure the fabrics I did buy that day, since they were definitely "limited editions."
Now to plan a special project with these lovely fabrics pictured here. 






1 comment:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Thanks for sharing Craft South with us. I always enjoy getting a glimpse into new quilt shops and never think to take photos of shops I visit. If I go to QuiltCon in Nashville then I'll need to put this on my list of things to do.