3/17/2018

Week's Quilting Summary

My quilting accomplishments this week:

I made four hotpads for The Yellow Window Boutique with the hopes of selling them. I get loads of  free motion quilting practice when making these. My binding work is better, too!



I found these items that I began Y-E-A-R-S ago! I kept them so long, I decided I should finish them. 
The first two are quilt-as-you-go log cabin sofa pillows. I added a pocket back. They are ready for the pillow form and then I will donate them to a local charity for kids. 


I made this block in the early 80s. I heard that Y-seams had to be done by hand, not with a sewing machine. That challenged me way back then to sew the pieces with my sewing machine. The fabrics are not all cottons but that's what we had back then. (What colors!)
 I layered it and am free motion quilting on my machine! I am going to put it in a frame for "old time's sake."

I am making a T-Shirt quilt for a graduate. It took 2 days to wash, cut, attach fusible and sew the top together. It is 72" x 98", he's very tall. I only use woven fusible on t-shirts. I find it backs them very well and doesn't shred or rip. Next week I am going to my friend's to use her longarm  machine. I am only showing a bit of it for privacy. 

Upcoming Blog Hop!

I am participating in the X-Block Blog Hop hosted by Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy. You can read about it HERE

I bought this template about 10 years ago with all the best intentions of using it. I haven't used it yet, but NOW I will! I am looking forward to making a small quilt. I hope you will visit and see what everyone makes. You can see what the template designer has been up to HERE.

I wish you happy quilting. 




1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

You had a great quilty week/ I'm looking forward to seeing how that ruler works.