4/18/2018

Sunny Quilt Day

It's been a busy day from the start!
It began with me fixing hubby's cell phone. It said the SIM card was not recognized and there was nothing on his network. I told him I would research what to do while he and his cousin went river fishing, hoping to catch a steelhead or two. I cut two tiny pieces of post-it note paper to pad the SIM card and give it enough pressure to make a connection with the inner workings of the phone. I also wiped the copper curcuit on the SIM card with a micro fiber wipe and a dab of alcohol to clean it. All is working well now! Glad his cousin has a cell phone with him.

The sky was dreary until about noon. The sun finally came out and the snow is melting! (OK, there is some rain coming in this evening and maybe a little snow over night.)

I'm sitting at the dining room table working on a pattern for an upcoming blog hop listening to the drip, drip, drip from the roof. But it is great to have the sun shining in the windows. 

The pattern is for the September Row Along hosted by Seams To Be Sew. The theme is My Happy Place. We are required to have the pattern ready and sent to our host in June. I am trying to work through EQ7 with the piecing and have not learned the ins and outs of the paper piecing printing in EQ. But if I can fix a cell phone, I'm sure I can figure this out, too.

I have this binding to put on a T-Shirt quilt that is a graduation gift. I'll press it and get the sewing machine to the dining room table, because this quilt is BIG! (75" x 84") This young man is tall. I used all the t-shirts his parents gave me. I am sure this quilt will cover his dorm bed.

I am following 2 blog hops.
I made sure I visited today's blogs for the Island Batik Alumni Ambassadors blog hop. A list of the participants can be found HERE.
And the other is a blog hop in which some of my bee mates are participating. They are using Simone's fabric collection, On You Mark  by Paintbrush Studio Fabrics. You can find a list of the bloggers HERE. Her fabrics are so fun looking and the projects that have been made with them so far are wonderful.
Thanks for visiting. I wish you a sunny day and hope you get time to craft.


1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a productive day with cell phone repair, sunshine and stitching!