5/21/2017

Design While Recovering

As I recover from hip replacement surgery, I had to find something creative to do. I received an email that mentioned Design Seeds, a blog I haven't visited in months! I thought this might be just the activity for me because I am suppose to lay pretty much flat or low with a pillow propping me slightly. Once each hour I am to use the walker to get 10 minutes of exercise on the main floor of the house.

It doesn't surprise me that I can't find the email I read last evening. I did a Google search but could not find the photo that inspired me. I did save a copy of the photo from Design Seeds.


Along with the photo, color cards (showing colors found in the photo) are provided. This is the quilt I designed.


Using EQStitch, I drew the 12" x 12" block for paper piecing. Some of the blocks were flipped. I will put this in my file to work on once I am able to get up and sit and sew. 

Check out Design Seeds and create a quilt for yourself. You can find photos on the blog listed by color or seasons in the atlas tab.





2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like the perfect task for recovery. The photo and color chips look beautiful, but I am not seeing the block design.

allthingzsewn said...

Praying your recovery goes well and swiftly. Patience, patience,patience.