5/25/2017

Funky Friends at Quilt Market

While reading blogs this morning, I came upon Bea's post about Funky Friends at Quilt Market. While the snow was still flying, the Island Batik Ambassadors were asked if we would like to sew some stuffed animals for Quilt Market 2017 using Island Batik fabrics and Funky Friends Factory patterns. I said I would sew two, Stu the Sea Turtle and Dilby Duckling. I sent the finished animals to Island Batik in March.

The patterns were fairly easy to sew. The size of the stuffies were larger than I thought they would be. And that was helpful in sewing all the pieces together. In fact, I haven't sewn anything like these in a YEARS! And it was fun.

With all the things going on in life, I completely forgot about the Funky Friends until I saw this photo on Bea's post. There in the front was Stu the Sea Turtle, that I sewed! I tried searching for other photos of Funky Friends to see others that were made. I found a few, but not my Dilby Duckling,.


So, I will post the pictures I took before mailing the stuffies. If you spot one of my Funky Friends out there on the internet, let me know!






2 comments:

beaquilter said...

I thought I saw the duck...hmm
Anyway cute turtle!!

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute!