Pages

4/03/2014

Fabric Strip Exchange Project



A few weeks ago I posted a photo of the fabric strips (below) I had sewn together for the Edyta Sitar type exchange.



I received 5 strip sets in return. I wondered what I could do with them. I thought a pillow would not be too difficult. I am pleased with the results.


The strip set measured 18-1/2" x WOF. I cut it in half and squared up the two pieces to 18-1/2" x 18-1/2". (Well, yes that is what squared up means.) I then cut the pieces diagonally from both sets of opposite corners. I sewed 4 of the pieces together to get this configuration. 

I added a back which was two pieces cut 13" x 18-1/2". I hemmed one 18-1/2" edge on both pieces and these became the overlapping center opening. The other sides were pinned to fit the square front, right sides together. I sewed all the edge seams, curving around the corners so they would not be like pointed horns when turned right sides out. 

And now there is a new pillow for the chair! 

Here is the layout for the other set of triangles that came from cutting this strip set. 


I think I will use the other strip sets to make a Chinese Coin Quilt. 

FABRIC LANDSCAPE PANELS COMPLETED

Miriam and I finished stapling the fabric panels to the wooden frames. Here is what the finished piece looks like. 


I kept a bit of the floor lamp and rug in the photo to give you an idea of the size. Each panel is 51" high and the center one is 40" wide. The other two are 35" wide. We will have 2" between each panel when it is hung. 

EQ Photo Fun Blog Hop

Mark April 14-16 to check out the exciting projects and tutorials for using photos in EQ. 


No comments: