6/09/2018

My Actual Post Date for Where Flowers Bloom

Welcome 
to my day's post for the 
Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop

Carla from Creatin' n the Sticks is hosting this fun June hop to take us into SUMMER!

I wanted to combine some embroidery with some quilting.
We needed some placemats for the table. I have a coaster embroidery from Embroidery It that I wanted to make.  I made the 4 flower coasters with some summer stash fabrics.
I really like the embroideries from Embroidery It. They are easy enough to make. The stitching actually covers the trimmed edges. And the detail around the satin stitching gives them a wonderful finish.

For the placemats, I found some batiks that had similar colors in them to make them reversible. I watched a YouTube video that was very easy to follow. These placemats were made in 2 hours from start to finish! I couldn't be happier.



If I had more fabric from the coasters, I would have embroidered some of the flowers on the placemats with some appliqued vine stems.

Here are the other bloggers and their post dates for the blog hop. I hope you find a project you want to recreate!





(I used free watercolor daisy clip art from angiemakes and learned a bit more about my Photoshop Elements program when I composed the graphic above.)

For anyone who saw this post in May, I apologize for my earliness, too much going on and trying to rush.

26 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't see it in May, and I very much enjoyed seeing it now. They coasters go very well with your table mats. Thanks for sharing this!

Suze said...

Beautiful coasters and placemats. Your coasters look as if they are made from satin. They are gorgeous. Great inspiration!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your coasters and placemats are so lovely! What a pretty table setting they make!

Carol said...

Sweet! The coasters and placemats will set a nice table. Thanks for sharing!

allthingzsewn said...

Hmmm, this seems familure. Been there done that. 😊 very pretty set.they complement each other well.

Dorian said...

A sweet, simple place mat. Thanks for sharing.

Carla said...

I love the idea of a coaster on the placemat. Brilliant idea, Nancy. Thank you for joining Where Flowers Bloom. Love your post again!

Martina said...

a perfect match. Love the flower addition. Makes it so special!

tink's mom said...

Oh your coasters are so very pretty. I don't know that I'd want to put a red wine glass on them, I'd be so afraid to stain the beautiful flowers. They match up to your coasters very well. Thanks.

Danette said...

That looks like a great tutorial if you can sew 4 placemats in 2 hours! It seems like the last ones I sewed took me forever to make. I am going to check it out. Yours are very lovely and quite useful!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Fun flowery project. Embroidery is always fun to see as I have never done that. 🤭

Carol Swift said...

The coasters are so pretty and look great with the placemats! Your daisy clip art graphic is beautiful.

Calicojoan said...

Love your placemats and floral coasters! Perfect combination! I'm going to have to read up on your earlier post about learning to use your photoshop. I've never learned how to do much with it and those flowers you did are gorgeous!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

What a nice combination and so useful too.

Anna brown said...

Got to love an embroidery machine. ...love the fabric you used for your place matts... happyness04431@yahoo.com

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such pretty coasters! I love the fabrics you chose :) xx

Scrapatches said...

Very pretty embroidered flower coasters ... :) Pat

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Your placemats and coasters are perfect for a spring or summer place setting. I marvel at people who can run those embroidery machines. I'm intimidated by them as they look complex. I used to embroider by hand but haven't done that in years and years. My mama can hand embroider so well that it actually looks machine done as it is so perfectly done.

ShirleyC said...

Those are really neat! Embroidery It has some neat designs!

LJ said...

Lovely. I really do like the embroidery and the edge finish looks great. Perfect fit with the placemats.

Charlene McCain said...

Beautiful placemats! Your embroidered flower design is just lovely. What a bonus that you completed this in 2 hours!

Robin said...

Thanks for a new idea for placemats. I do love roses. Wish you had a pattern for the rose. quiltyladyrr@gmail.com

Marian said...

Love the placemats, Nancy, so much fun and I to enjoy Embroidery It's designs. I am collecting her free alpha at the moment as I think that is really pretty.

Sharon said...

So pretty! I love the colors that you chose for your placemats and coasters. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Lovely coasters and placemats! I enjoy incorporating embroidery and quilting too!

Susan said...

Very pretty! Lovely colors and fabrics!