7/29/2013

Placemats

I made placemats for my daughter's apartment. She picked the colors and sketched the design. She likes them and they look great on her table. 


I am busy getting my quilting class schedule figured out for September and October. I made a class sample of Exploding Pineapples from Karin Hellaby's book "Sew Simple Pineapple" and I was very pleased with the technique. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the quilt before taking it to the store and will have to wait to until I go back to get a photo. But it is cute and was fun to make. 

I am working on a chevron quilt for my daughter. Solid colors and will be quite modern looking. It was her design and color choices. I know she will gently work her way into sewing, but it will be a few more months as she settles in to the new job and apartment. 

Am also in the process of getting ready for the AQS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan in a few weeks. I am taking a few classes and have to pull together the materials I need. 


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Those are lovely placemats.