12/01/2019

Turnstile Quilt Finished-November UFO

I finished the Turnstile Quilt that I started in a class about 3 years ago. (I only needed to have it quilted and then bind it.) The Tall Pine Quilters Guild had Debbie Grifka present a trunk show and the following day she taught the Turnstile quilt class in 3 hours.


My rendition of the quilt was made using a charm pack I had purchased online (I don't remember the fabric line or company) and a solid peach for the background. It was fun to make. I like sewing a specific quilt pattern with a group of people because everyone can see how the quilt looks with different fabric choices.


I found a flowery/leafy print that worked well with the solid background fabric on the front.


My friend, Michelle, quilted it with an organic flower motif.


And in my stash I found a 1/4 yard cut of  this peach cross-hatched fabric to use as the binding.

I'm linking up to Meadown Mist Designs' Favorite Monthly LinkUp and The Crafty Quilter UFO  & WIP Challenge this month. Click the link button at the top left of my blog to see what other finishes people have shared.

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

That is so lovely & delicate. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I really like the turnstile design! And the peach background sets it off beautifully!