3/04/2013

Today's Quilting Progress

March 4, 2013

I got started early today (7 AM)--housework first--then quilting. 

I am going to be demonstrating some tools at The New Ewe during the Spring Shop Hop next week and had a few items to finish up.  The first was the Circle Savvy Ruler from Creative Grids.  I was quite please by how it worked.  I did find that using my 28 mm rotary cutter worked much better than the 45 mm cutter.  I wanted to show that it could be used to make things other than quilts.  I was quite please with the placemat I came up with as well as the potholder, circular napkin and jar lid cover.  I still have other things in mind, but that will be enough to demonstrate how to use the tool with a rotary cutter. 



I do want to make a sample for a few late spring classes I would like to promote during the shop hop.  

I also took the Mickey Mouse Pinwheel quilt to the longarm quilter today.  She doesn't have many items to do right now, so I may have it back soon, ready for binding and shipping to the little guy I made it for. 

I will be participating in a give-away blog hop from March 8 through 14.  I have added the blog logo to the side bar on my pages.  I hope you will visit my blog after 12 PM on March 8.  I have a nice give-away for someone. 

Now, off to work on a few other things before dinner. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt.

Nancy said...

Thank you. It was fun and easy to make.