7/16/2018

Magnolia Mystery Quilt Finished

Last year I worked on the Meadow Mist Magnolia Mystery Quilt. Cheryl Brickey designs such lovely quilt patterns. I won't hesitate to participate in any of her Mystery Quilt Alongs!

I enjoyed working on the units for each new clue every few weeks and was very pleased with the lap quilt I made. I chose the fabrics from my stash of batiks. Some from the Island Batik fabrics I had, and the blue background I bought as a remnant at Hancock's of Paducah one year. They all worked well together. On Sunday, I sewed the binding on and the label.


I took the quilt to Pam at Creative Loop. Friends had praised her work. Last year at a quilting retreat, she made a presentation about longarm quilting and the types of battings to use. She showed some of her work. I was so impressed with her knowlegde and skills, I decided I wanted her to quilt this quilt because there was so much background space in it.



I was not disappointed. I think the recipient of this quilt is going to ooh and aaah over it. I am giving it to her as a thank you for all the hospitality she has shown me over the years when I visit her town.

(not sure why this blue color is so off)



Thanks for visiting my blog.
If you are interested in a mystery quilt along coming soon, Merry Mayhem is hosting one on Aug. 12, 2018. It is a one-day event where clues are given every hour. Download the first piece of information (fabric and cutting) from the website HERE. She is calling the quilt, TWINKLE. Wonder if it's for Christmas, hmmm.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous quilt Nancy! I am not a great fan of batiks but I really love the colouration of those blues across the quilt. With the wavy quilting, it will certainly be 'oohed' and 'aahed' over! What generous gift!

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so well and the quilting is beautiful.