2/28/2019

Quilt Con in Nashville

My husband and I took a week's vacation to Florida. We had been working with the builder on our master bath remodeled for 5 weeks prior. It was good to get away and relax. The evening we arrived in Florida we saw this lovely sunset.

The rest of the week the weather was cool and foggy. The sun did peek through for a bit on 2 days and the temps did rise to the 70s.

While I was there, I was able to meet Sally, who was one of the Island Batik Ambassadors when I was an ambassador. We had lunch and enjoyed a few hours of chatting, fun, and shopping. It is nice to meet online friends in person.

On the way home, we spent the weekend at my sister's and brother-in-law's house in the Nashville area. On Sauturday, my sister and I went to Quilt Con. This was the first time I had attended a Quilt Con and the first time she had attended any quilt show. The weatherman was predicting severe weather, but we went. We were able to park in the underground parking. The facility (Music City Center) was beautiful.

The show wasn't crowded, perhaps because of the threat of bad weather. My sister is a sewer, but not at all a quilter. She enjoyed looking at all the quilts, especially those on social themes. I was happy to take photos for a Gridster Bee Mate who couldn't attend. She wanted some photos of her quilts that were in the show.
Slivers of Rivers by Simone Bradford

Hoko Dots by Simone Bradford

In the next few days, I will post some photos of quilts that peaked my interest. 
For now, I hope you get to sew and stretch your creativity.





3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a perfect break after construction.

OPQuilt said...

Woohoo! Fun to see Simone's quilts in the show, but more important, so fun that you were able to go!

Bradford Family said...

Oh thanks for sharing my quilts! That was wonderful that you were able to attend and take some photos. I can't wait to see what quilts you liked!