2/13/2019

Quilting Fun on Florida Trip

Last week I flew to Florida with two quilting friends. We visited our quilting friend who has moved to Florida. 

The weather was great in the Winterhaven area and we were happy to be away from the cold weather for a few days. We had a well organized plan for the two days we were there. Dinner at the Polite Pig in Disney Springs after getting picked up at the airport was so tasty. We walked around after dinner. I found the Lego Store and had wanted to get some Lego pieces to make a sewing machine. I spent about an hour with two young employees who were excited and enthusiastic to help me find what I needed. I took the pieces home and finished building the little machine model yesterday. 

The next day we toured the Winterhaven area, passing by the orchards of orange trees was similar but different from my daily drives past the apple orchards in Michigan. We stopped at a roadside stand where they had grapefruit twice the size of softballs for $1 and Honey Bell oranges, which I have wanted to taste since I saw a newspaper ad in December to order some by mail. I thought they were fine and tasted like oranges. 

We went to 2 quilt shops, Heart to Heart Quilt Shop and Heartfelt Quilting & Sewing. While there I found some black and white fabrics to add to those I bought just before flying out. I'm going to make another Zig Zag Tag quilt, since the first one was so fun!


We went to lunch on 2 different days, once to Crispers (I thought the food was very good) and Lavender N' Lace Tearoom (Restauraunt, Antique Shop, and Garden) where the food was so unique. We also visited Richard's Seashells Shop (say that quickly 5 times). I found a Christmas decoration. 


I had a wonderful time in Florida with a great gal and guide. We flew back in to ice and yucky winter weather! Wish I could have packed some sunshine and warmth in my luggage to bring back!


4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I’m sure the warmth felt great. I LOVE your LEGO machine.

Sewgirl said...

Your lego sewing machine is unique. What a clever thing to do with legos...my boys would be impressed! Glad you enjoyed your time in Florida. It should be spring soon right??

Carol Swift said...

Sounds like a nice get away for you, though the icy stuff back home doesn't sound so fun. You made some really sweet purchases!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That sounds like a wonderful break. I love your lego sewing machine and I'm intrigued by your comment '...the food was so unique.' :)