4/25/2019

Latest Sewing Projects


My husband and I enjoyed the Easter weekend with our daughter and son-in-law. It was a welcome diversion from the normal routine around here. My daughter asked to sew some nature-themed bowl cozies and a potholder for friends they will be seeing soon. I did the sewing while she helped with cutting, turning right side out, and pressing.

Three more April blocks arrived just before Easter for my Queen Bee Gridster quilt.  I put them on the design wall after taking the photo.

I'm working on reveal projects for The Endeavourers Challenge on May 1

and my post for the Christmas RAPPers Blog Hop on May 6. The blog hop begins on April 29-just a few days away. You can click here to find out more.
 

I helped out for a few more days in the high school art room. Just a few students were finishing up. But the supplies were in need of major organization. While going through the monster lists, the teacher found one 2nd grader's projects that wasn't chosen by an art student to make. So I worked on this at home, so no one was missed. It was very fun to "create as I sewed." It's a pretty good likeness, don't you think?

Using my scraps, I began working on "Scrappy Flowers Coaster Set" to hopefully sell at the consignment shop. The pattern is in Quilters World magazine from Spring 2016. It's an easy, quilt-as-you-go pattern by Chris Malone.


I also made some journal covers for the consignment shop. I watched a few YouTube videos that showed how easy they were. It was extra practice in free motion quilting. 

Gosh, when I look at the week in summary, I see I have done a good amount of sewing. What have you been sewing this past week? 











2 comments:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

You're making so many fun little things. I really like the coasters and must remember the idea. I've made several the last couple of years but never with a floral concept like those. They would be perfect for my house this summer. And as gifts too.

Janie said...

Your projects are all wonderful, so many fun ideas.
The monster doll is great.
And your raindrop interpretation is superb!