11/21/2019

Blog Hop Put Me In Pillow-Making Mode

The Sew It and Gift It Blog Hop was fun last week. I was amazed by all the wonderful ideas for gifts. I hope you found something to make for someone special.

I was in pillow-making mode and today I finished this Unicorn Fleece Pillow following the directions from Crafting Cheerfully HERE.

This weekend I am going to make the Polar Bear fleece pillow following her directions. If I use brown fleece, it will be a brown bear and probably just as cute. These pillows will be for two little tykes of a friends I know. 

Saving $ on Fleece

I have been purchasing fleece from the remnant bin at JoAnn's stores. When fleece is on sale at JoAnn's it is the best time to buy it. I found the sale price is applied to the remnant and then an extra 50% is taken off of that price at the register. So for $1 or $2 I can get enough for stuffed animals and pillows!

This pillow doesn't use much fabric, so it was very inexpensive to make. Oh, except for the 12" square pillow. I did get 50% off during a sale, but it was still over $5 with tax. I'll accept the savings on the fleece and be happy.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

So cute. That remnant bin at Joanns is a great source for many different fabrics.