1/27/2014

More Pincushions

Pincusion Swap Update

The January pincushion I sent to my swap partner arrived and she was very please with it. This little bunny was not difficult to sew and the directions were very clear and easy to follow. I used wool from an old skirt and I felted it. The stuffing was polyester and the carrot was heavy polyester felt. My daughters each have asked for one, for simple decorations, so I will be making more of these cute bunnies. This was a fun swap and I thank Bea for organizing it. I have signed up for her next 2-month swap!



I found the pattern in the February/March 2014 issue of Sew-It. . .Today magazine. There is a projects and lessons tab on their web page. There is a little felt acorn pincushion that I am going to try. I like this magazine because the price is very reasonable and there are a number of project patterns in it. 



2 comments:

OPQuilt said...

That little bunny is verrrry cute! I have some felted wool outside in the garage--I should get busy with it. One year I went around to thrift stores, reading labels to make sure I got just 100% wool, and then threw them in the washer to felt them up. And now they just sit! I need to get busy, no, make that busier!

Elizabeth

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ohhh he's a cutie! So glad he got rejuvinated this week!