6/29/2017

A New Quilt Shop

This past Saturday I visited my sister. While the husbands enjoyed watching a game on TV or sitting on the patio with a cold one or two, we went to a new quilt shop she had seen on her way home from work.


What a great name. It is on 2nd Street in Rochester, MI. If you click the shop name above, it will take you to the home page. The shop opened just 5 weeks ago. They set up in a house and have used each of the main floor rooms to showcase themes of fabrics. I had a very nice time talking to Heather, one of the owners. They are very enthusiastic and delighted to talk quilting!

I got permission to take some photos to show you what they have. They have fabrics I like--brights, geometrics and solids to name a few. The displays are done nicely. It is bright and open. It is fun to explore the various areas.

This was the door we entered. 

And the first item that caught our eyes was this lovely sample of one of 
Laura Heine's patterns, Perfect Form Dress Form Collage!
Kaffe Fassett fabrics were to the right. 

To the left we looked and saw the batiks and this lovely giraffe collage pattern sample. 

We headed through the door to the back porch area and found a wrap around porch. This had baby items in it. There was minky on a shelving section. I bought a bit of light pink to make some Funky Friends Factory bears from the free pattern on the website. (You'll find the pink bear on the Home page.) On the floor in the photo there is a sample of a tuffett that my sister and I decided to work on when we get together this summer.

And who wouldn't want to make their own umbrella with any choice of fabric(s)?

We made our way back into the main quilt shop, but only after passing by these fun kids prints.

The largest room held so many modern prints. I found light grays with small prints to use as 
neutrals in my projects. There were some wonderful solids and floral prints. 

A view from another angle.

 The front porch was a seasonal embroidery area with Christmas and Halloween samples.


We left the quilt shop and walked next door to the Cupcake Station 
where we bought a carrot cupcake to split. It was delicious and I forgot to take a photo!

If you are in the area, do make a stop. Tell them you read about them on my blog. 


4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like such a nice shop - so clean and neat. I LOVE the umbrellas.

Nancy said...

It really was and I like the umbrellas, too.

essay best said...

amazing work! I am surprised by how intricate and elegant this look appears and how different corners of the places have been decorated with the patchwork. It looks so good and classy.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love all their bright colors. Love carrot cupcakes...with a lot of frosting too! LOL!