4/10/2013

Square in a Square

Attended a trunk show and talk by Jodi Barrows this evening. Oh, what a great experience! Her techniques were so inspiring. I have her ruler from a class I took about 14 years ago. I had not used it since then and got it out two months to make a class sample of Constellation.

It did make the blocks so much more exact. I took the copies of her books that I own and had her sign them. I plan to make a few more quilts from using patterns from those books. I scheduled a Square in a Square Storm at Sea class on June 4. I will start making that quilt sample this week. 

BUT, Jodi talked about the book series that she is writing. The description of the first book has me interested.  Threads of Change will be shipping July 1, 2013. She talked about her family history, going back 5 generations and the amazing women her ancestors were. I wish I knew details about my ancestors from that far back. 

I plan on watching her on-line videos showing the many ways to use her ruler (or rulers since she has more available that I do not own).

What are you working on?

No comments: