1/03/2020

First Quilt Top of 2020

I started out the New Year not with my sewing project, as I planned. Hubby was tired of being cooped up in the house after his knee surgery and wanted to get out for a ride. (He doesn't begrudge me my sewing, so what could I say but "sure.")

When we got home, I got started on the Merry Mayhem 2020 Mystery Quilt. I printed off the instructions I had missed from the morning. I had to sew the half square triangles that I should have done prior to January 1. I worked into the evening catching up on all the units.

Yesterday I had all the blocks sewn. Today I will sew the rows together and add the two borders. I hope to get it off to Michelle to quilt next week.
I liked this pattern. I discovered that my main print choice should have been more of a compact print. While I thought one green looked slightly darker than the other, it wasn't dark enough. I am going to try this pattern again with different color choices to see how it looks.

What was your first quilt project of the New Year?

1 comment:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Nanc! I too like this pattern!