1/12/2020

Project QUILTING Notably Numeric Finished

Have you heard about Project QUILTING? Kim from Persimon Dreams thought of the idea. You can read about it here. The idea is to take the theme given on Sunday and make a quilt by noon the following Sunday and link it on Kim's blog.

I got a bit of a late start on my project and did not make the noon deadline to link my post. (Sad) But I am posting it on my blog, today, since I am proud of it.



The theme was "Notably Numeric" and I thought of birthday ages, usually represented by candles on a birthday cake. For years I have wanted to make a fun birthday banner and this challenge was the stimulus to get it done. I call it How Old Are You?

In my stash I had a fun colorful print with rows of "Happy Birthday" printed on it. For binding I used a colorful tangled string print I had that complemented the background fabric.  I was able to use some lace and buttons that I've been "storing" for years for just the right project. (Or because I just couldn't get rid of them.)

I used a new fusible product called Flexie Fuse. Before Christmas, I ordered some through an email offer where I paid $4.95 shipping to try a free pack of 5 sheets. It is MARVELOUS! It was so easy to work with and sewing through the bond did not leave my needle sticky or tacky like other fusibles. (I am not affiliated with this company.)

Have you ever made a birthday banner or placemat?


No comments: