1/21/2020

Quilting the Traffic Jam Pattern

It seems that blue is my color for January sewing projects. 


When I began planning my project for 
The Winter Blues Blog Hop 
I dug into my two bins of blue scraps
and decided I would work on depleting them this month. 
Join me on Thursday this week to see that project. 

But, today, I want to show my progress on
Pat Sloan's Traffic Jam pattern, an easy quilt to make. 
I think I may be going large on this one;
it's so easy to:

1) Cut and sew 2-1/2" squares of blue into 4-patches
with threads from half-full bobbins and spools 
(to use them up) and,
2) Cut white snowflake yardage into 4-1/2" squares. 


3) Sew smaller units into larger units, 


and, finally, make 12-1/2" blocks!


I'll be sewing with friends today and hope to get all the blocks sewn. 

What are you planning to sew today?





1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A friend recently shared this pattern with me. I absolutely LOVE scrappy quilts!! Have fun with the making of your version.